Finding the perfect venue for hosting your wedding can be a very daunting task for some brides, especially if they’ve never planned such a large social event before! As Experts in the industry, there is nothing more heartbreaking than watching a couple’s special day ruined because of a problem they had, with what they thought was their dream wedding venue.
To make sure your wedding day goes off without a hitch, the Experts at Ever After created a list of tips & questions that every couple should ask before signing a contract at their desired venue.
To avoid making the wrong decision about your wedding venue, every couple should:
1. Talk to at least 5 couples who have who have recently married there to make sure they were thrilled with their experience.The Ever After Difference: Every Perfect Wedding Venue has gone through a thorough Bride Certification process, and comes highly recommended by at least 5 couples who held a fabulous event at the space!
2. Conduct a background check. The Ever After Difference: We have certified each of the venues that we feature on www.perfectweddingvenue.com – we’ve conducted background checks on each venue that we partner with, as well as talked to other vendors that have worked weddings at the venue. We want to make sure that all of our engaged couples are only using the most reputable venues. We’ve heard too many horror stories of wedding days gone wrong, and we want to make sure that our couples have the wedding of their dreams.
3. Check the Better Business Bureau for any complaints against the venue.The Ever After After Difference: We’ve conducted a comprehensive screening of all our venue partners through the Better Business Bureau. With stellar recommendations from industry professionals, we promise you that your ceremony & reception location truly will be your Perfect Wedding Venue.
4. Check reviews on non-biased (non-advertising based) websites.The Ever After Difference: Wandering aimlessly around the Internet or digging through pages of often outdated, incomplete or incorrect Google search results, can be overwhelming. Perfect Wedding Venue is your best source for unbiased and complete venue information, hand-delivered by a team of specially trained Venue Experts.
5. Verify that everything promised verbally is on the final contract. The Ever After Difference: Be sure to read & understand the fine print! Beyond matching you with a beautiful wedding location, our Venue Experts are masters in contract negotiation. We have helped plan thousands of weddings, so we can help you understand pricing, navigate the contract, and understand what should be included.
6. Understand and confirm everything that is in the “all-inclusive” package. The Ever After Difference: For example, chairs might be included, but are chair covers? Does the open bar fee include the bartender? During your venue tour, your Experts will be sure to ask all of these questions and more, so you know exactly what to expect on your wedding day. After all, no one wants to be “surprised” with extra costs on their big day!
7. Confirm the Food & Beverage minimum, and what is covered by it. The Ever After Difference: This can be a real surprise when the final bill arrives! When negotiating your contract, your Ever After Expert will work directly with the venue to make sure your food & beverage package is customized to your needs- and that you won’t be overcharged for items you didn’t request!
8. Determine a backup ceremony & reception plan for outdoor weddings in case of bad weather. The Ever After Difference: Did you know renting a tent can cost up to $5,000! If you decide to host an outdoor ceremony or reception, your Ever After Expert will be sure to work with the venue’s event staff to secure back up options into your wedding package, just in case Mother Nature decides to take a stormy turn!
9. Confirm the responsibilities of the Day-Of Coordination at the venue.The Ever After Difference: Could you be on your own, or will there be someone there to help? Does the staff work on the weekends? All of these questions and more will be asked & answered by your own personal Venue Expert when signing your contract. We ask the important questions, so we can ensure your day is nothing short of magical.
10. Determine if additional fees apply if you don’t use the venue’s preferred vendors. The Ever After Difference: Do you have a specific photographer you‘re dying to use? Or an extraordinary baker that makes the most stunning wedding cakes this side of the Mississippi? Let your Expert know what special requests you might have before touring venues, and they will be sure to only pair you with locations that won’t charge you extra for those personalized touches you can’t live without!
Armed with Expert insight and a list of the most sought-after wedding venues in your area, you’ll be sure to find your Perfect Wedding Venue with the help of Ever After. To begin the search for your wedding venue, contact our Experts today by visiting www.perfectweddingvenue.com or give us a call toll-free at 855-222-1498…. We can’t wait to start planning your Happily Ever After!
Photography provided by Laura Grier at Beautiful Day Photography