Have any well meaning, already-married friends admonished you to soak in your wedding day, because it “goes so fast?” Yeah, we know. Sure, they’re just trying to be helpful, but the stress of nailing down all the details in time to have the wedding go off without a hitch doesn’t exactly leave time for a lot of lounging about. But if you’re planning a destination wedding, we’ll let you in on a little secret: it doesn’t have to be that way.
One of the beautiful things about a destination wedding is getting away from all the “have-to’s” and the “shoulds,” exchanging the traditional for the true-to-you. So why not build in a little downtime into your schedule while you’re at it? With all the work you put in to planning the event (guest list, we’re looking at you!), you deserve it. Here are a few ways to take advantage of having all your favorite people in the same place at the same time:
- Stay in the same hotel. Share rooms! It’ll be like sleep-away camp but with permission to stay up waaaay past curfew. Plus, the opportunity to share clothes means you’ve just expanded your wardrobe without having to pay additional baggage fees.
- Plan a party before the party. A welcome reception is a great way for the bridal party and guests to meet for the first time or reconnect as old friends, and this sets the stage for the epic weekend ahead.
- Book spa time. There’s nothing better than relaxing with your besties while getting pampered.
- Delegate. You know the saying “Many hands make light work?” If you’ve got last minute details to attend to, there’s nothing better than knowing your friends will take care of anything you ask of them, and will be only too happy to help. This is key to you being able to clear your head before the big event so you really can pay attention (like the aforementioned girls told you to!).
- Book Sunday morning brunch. With a destination wedding, the party doesn’t end when the last song is played at the reception. Perhaps you’ve got another day to spend with everyone, or maybe even longer. Lucky you! Go out and explore your wonderful destination!
Ready to begin planning your dream wedding? Remember, with help from Ever After’s Destination Wedding Experts, all of your guests’ travel details and group booking needs are taken care of, so you can focus on creating the perfect destination wedding, no matter where you choose to go! Contact an Expert today at RomanceTravel@everafter.com, call us toll-free at 888.734.4787 or visit our website at everafter.com/destination-weddings.
Photography by Laura Grier at Beautiful Day Photography