We are so excited that as of October 9th, same-sex marriages are now legal in the state of Nevada. Being a wedding venue matching service located in Las Vegas, you can only imagine how happy this makes us! Before you choose your date and your wedding location, which our Experts can help you with, there are a few helpful tips about getting married in Las Vegas that we think you should know:
- Obtaining a marriage license: You will need to obtain a marriage license from the Clark County Marriage Bureau – it will be issued the same day that you apply for it and there is no waiting period to get married once the license has been issued.
- Expiration date: Marriage licenses are good for one year from date of issue.
- Fees: The fee for a marriage license is $60.
- Who obtains the license: Both parties must present before the Clerk in order to obtain the license and applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- What is needed to obtain a license: Identification to prove your name and age is required. Acceptable identification include a driver’s license, driver’s permit, a passport, state-issued ID card, etc. If you do not have one of these forms of identification, you will need an original or certified Birth Certificate and any secondary document that contains the name and photograph of the applicant.
- Blood tests: No blood test is required to obtain a marriage license in Nevada.
- Terms and conditions: The license will allow a couple to marry in Nevada – it is not proof of marriage.
- Divorced or widowed: If you are divorced, you will need to provide the month, day and year that your divorce was finalized and the city and state where it was finalized. For those who are widowed, you are required to list the month, day and year you were widowed and the city and state.
- Who the marriage is recognized by: Your marriage will be recognized by the federal government – it will also be recognized by all of the other states that issue same-sex marriage licenses, and the District of Columbia.
Our Venue Experts know the most LGBT-friendly wedding venues in Vegas and would love to help you find your dream venue. Contact one today at 888.734.4787 or VenueExpert@everafter.com to get started!
Photography by Laura Grier of Beautiful Day Photography