Getting married in Mexico? Here are two need-to-know contacts for couples and guests attending a Destination Wedding or Honeymoon in any region of Mexico.Get Married in Mexico: Passport Information

Passport Application:

Traveling outside of the US requires a valid US Passport.  If you or any of your guests do not already possess a valid passport, it will be important to set the date for your Destination Wedding at least three months in advance to allow time to obtain one. After filling out the correct paper work and taking your photo, routine processing of a passport can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks. However, the passport process can be expedited for an additional fee if necessary.

The Destination Wedding Experts at Ever After always recommend bringing a photo copy of your passport on your trip as well, and placing it in an area separate from your actual passport. This will serve as identification in the rare occasion that your passport becomes lost.

The US Embassy in Mexico:

The US Embassy in Mexico City offers a varied menu of services for US citizens who are traveling outside of their home country. If you or any of your guests should have any questions regarding identification, notarial services or local resources, the Embassy website has an array of helpful guides and contacts to be utilized during your Destination Wedding in Mexico.

If you or any of your guests have any further questions about obtaining a passport or specific embassy contacts, contact your Destination Wedding Expert at, call us toll-free at 800-256-4920 or visit our website: